For full details about any roles, please click on the job description and, where applicable, job specification links.
Flexible, seasonal, varied hours
Hours are variable and wages are calculated depending on the activity undertaken
Would you like to inspire young people to learn while having fun? The English Experience requires fun, enthusiastic, organised and responsible Activity Leaders to lead international students on activities and excursions in and around Norwich.
The English Experience is a private English language school for young learners aged 11-18 and we have been teaching foreign students in Norwich since 1994. We welcome students from many different countries, cultures and backgrounds. We have British Council accreditation which states we reach their exacting standard in all aspects of our English language courses and have achieved nine points of excellence. Our Staff are committed to helping students improve their English through a mixture of Lessons and Activities.
As an Activity Leader you will accompany students on all aspects of their activity programme, leading activities (including museum visits, sports, bowling, cinema etc.), full day and half day excursions and assisting with airport transfers. Activity programmes usually last for 1 to 2 weeks and activities will vary according to the needs and interests of the group.
The position is flexible, paid hourly and arranged on a weekly basis. It will involve working some evenings and weekends. It would be particularly suitable for those wishing to gain further experience of working with young people or English Language students.
All applicants must be 18 years old or over, have a legal right to live and work in the UK and be willing to undertake an advanced DBS check.
Required for teenage students and their leaders in Norwich
Do you have a spare room?
Would you like the opportunity to make a little extra money?
If you enjoy meeting new people and learning about other cultures, we may have just what you are looking for!
The English Experience School of English is an English language school in the heart of Norwich that provides courses for foreign teenagers throughout the year. We are looking for new families/households to accommodate students over our busy summer period, July and August in particular.
We offer you:
- the opportunity to earn £129.50 per student, per week.
- a maximum of four students – so if you have the space, up to £518 can be paid per week
- 24 hour emergency contact phone number
- a great way to learn about other nationalities and a chance for your family to experience cultural exchange
In order to become a homestay host you would need to:
- be willing to provide a welcoming, friendly environment for the student
- be in walking distance or on a bus route to the city centre
- provide breakfast, an evening meal and a packed lunch
- be willing to undergo a DBS check (organised and paid for by us)
- be able to offer the student a clean and comfortable bedroom with adequate space that is not shared with a member of the household
To apply, or if you would like some more information, please email us at [email protected]