For full details about any roles, please click on the job description and, where applicable, job specification links.
Required for teenage students and their leaders in Norwich
Do you have a spare room?
Would you like the opportunity to make a little extra money?
If you enjoy meeting new people and learning about other cultures, we may have just what you are looking for!
The English Experience School of English is an English language school in the heart of Norwich that provides courses for foreign teenagers throughout the year. We are looking for new families/households to accommodate students over our busy summer period, July and August in particular.
We offer you:
- the opportunity to earn £189 per student, per week.
- a maximum of four students – so if you have the space, up to £756 can be paid per week
- 24 hour emergency contact phone number
- a great way to learn about other nationalities and a chance for your family to experience cultural exchange
In order to become a homestay host you would need to:
- be willing to provide a welcoming, friendly environment for the student
- be in walking distance or on a bus route to the city centre
- provide breakfast, an evening meal and a packed lunch
- be willing to undergo a DBS check (organised and paid for by us)
- be able to offer the student a clean and comfortable bedroom with adequate space that is not shared with a member of the household
To apply, or if you would like some more information, please email us at [email protected].
Application deadline: Ongoing
Contract: Temporary, seasonal
Working hours: Hours are variable and wages are calculated depending on the activity undertaken
The English Experience requires organised, enthusiastic and responsible activity leaders to lead international students on activities and excursions in and around Norwich.
As an activity leader you will accompany students on all aspects of their activity programme, leading activities, excursions and assisting with airport transfers. An interest in local history and culture and/or sports would be an advantage. You may be required to lead activities and excursions that are unfamiliar to you and you may also be required to change your work schedule at short notice. It is important that you can be flexible, adaptable and have an ability to cope with changing priorities.
The position is flexible, paid hourly and arranged on a weekly basis. It will involve working some evenings and weekends. It would be particularly suitable for those wishing to gain further experience of working with young people (12-18) or English Language students.
Please note – only successful applicants will be contacted.